Types of Treatment
Injury Prevention Physical Therapy Raleigh-Durham, Fayetteville & Surrounding North Carolina Cities
Our physios treat a variety of conditions daily that range from neck and back pain to carpal tunnel syndrome and Achilles tendinitis.
Our physios are also capable of spotting a number of potentially risky symptoms and preventing injuries. During a simple consultation, we can detect the following issues:
- Low Back Pain: A routine physical therapy exam can detect whether or not you are at risk for suffering an injury and developing low back pain.
- Total Joint Replacement: A routine physical therapy exam can identify the early risk factors for developing joint arthritis, the primary cause for joint replacement.
- Hypertension: Cardiovascular screening can detect risk factors for hypertension, which allows your physio to prescribe a safe exercise plan to help minimize your risk.
- Headaches: A routine physical therapy exam can identify risk factors that can lead to debilitating headaches.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: A routine physical therapy exam can determine your risk for developing shoulder pain leading to a tear in the rotator cuff.
- Injury From A Fall: A routine physical therapy exam can detect your risk for falling, and even prevent you from suffering a life threatening injury.
- ACL Injury: A routine physical therapy exam can detect your risk of suffering a devastating knee injury.
- Peripheral Neuropathy: Physios can test the sensation in your feet to determine the potential for peripheral neuropathy, which can lead to physical abnormalities like clawtoe and bunions.
It pays to be proactive, especially where your health is concerned. At BreakThrough Physical Therapy, we not only get our patients better quickly and effectively, but also take steps to ensure that any future injuries are avoided.
Ready to reclaim your life? BreakThrough is here to help.
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
Working with Pierce and the team at Breakthrough Sports Performance has been a major help to our at Athletes at Liberty Soccer Academy. Their knowledge and professionalism is top class.
BreakThrough Sports Performance has been a tremendous help in the development of the ACS U13 Girls Volleyball team. Just a few short weeks of training you can clearly see the positive impact it has had on their bodies and their approach to the importance of training!
Coach Pierce has been a great asset to our program. His understanding of building the athlete from a fundamental level is of huge benefit to our athletes. Every athlete feels like they are getting the most out of each training session to improve their individual events.
My experience at BreakThrough Sports Performance has been amazing. I’ve been seeing the guys at BreakThrough for 3 years now and feel so much stronger and more mobile swinging the golf club. BreakThrough Sports Performance is different. The trainers will educate you with things you wouldn’t hear anywhere else, like… the importance of your airway…
Training at BreakThrough Sports Performance helps me feel my best. Before I started with BreakThrough there were days where I physically felt that I couldn’t perform the way I needed to. Since training at BreakThrough I feel more prepared to tolerate a high volume of tournaments that I couldn’t do before. I injured my back…
I started working with Breakthrough Sports Performance to help with my back. I was unable to play two rounds in a row but after participating in the golf fitness class I can now play as often as I can without pain. The simple process of a physical assessment, swing assessment and KVest evaluation narrowed down…
I discovered Breakthrough Sports Performance due to an ankle injury. They were able to see within the first 24 hours which greatly improved my recovery time. They provided me with the right physical therapy and treatment needed to get me back on the court faster. Because of the knowledgeable coaches/trainers, and the excellent facilities, I…
Thank you so much! I love you guys and the care I received!
We rate BreakThrough Physical Therapy a 10; we are extremely happy! After having received excellent PT in the past, we had no doubt this was the only place we would trust with our son’s recovery. The warm, welcoming environment makes it a comfortable place to receive therapy. This puts him at ease allowing for the…
After just 4 visits…I feel like a brand new person. Before, I could barely walk for 15 minutes without my back screaming in pain. Now I’m zooming through therapy and going on walks at home.
Outpatient physical therapy can be expensive without insurance, however with most health coverage plans it can be very affordable. For example, physical therapy is typically covered by Medicare. After your deductible is met, Medicare covers 80% of the approved cost of physical therapy. The process can be confusing, but it doesn’t have to be! This…Read More
How PT Can Help With Fall Prevention “Have a nice trip, see you next fall” is probably a phrase you never want to hear, especially if you do accidentally take a tumble. Falls are scary, and they can be disabling in both direct and indirect ways. Directly, they often cause injuries that can make it…Read More
Working at a computer work station all day can take a toll on the body. Repetitive activities and lack of mobility can contribute to aches, pains, and eventual injuries. Sitting at a desk while using the keyboard for hours on a day to day basis can result in poor circulation to joints and muscles,…Read More