Types of Treatment
Chris Poulin, ATC, CSCS, PRT, is our golf expert at BreakThrough Physical Therapy.
Since 1996, Chris has been shaping and supporting the futures of a variety of athletes and clients. Chris graduated from Johnson State College with a degree in Sports Medicine and Adult/Corporate fitness. Since his graduation, Chris has earned national certifications in a number of practices including Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Performance Enhancement, Postural Restoration, and Golf Fitness & Performance.
BreakThrough Golf Physical Therapy Raleigh-Durham, Fayetteville & Surrounding North Carolina Cities
Who Is It For?
- Golfers looking to overcome pain or injury. The golf swing is very unique to each individual and if your body is not in the right position it can be inefficient or often times painful. People who take advantage of our program are often surprised at the simplicity of the exercises and the immediate relief of dysfunction that is causing pain and inconsistent results. We'll work to identify what's causing your pain and possibly refer you to a physical therapist who can help rehabilitate and prevent future injuries.
- Golfers who have tried "golf fitness" and not seen the results. Maybe you've had assessments done before, worked through exercise regimens to increase strength and mobility, but have yet to see an improvement in your golf game. We'll take things a step further to address neurological and respiratory patterns that may be affecting your swing.
- Golfers who are having a hard time getting their body to execute swing changes. Maybe you can visualize that perfect swing in your mind, and know exactly what you need to do, but can't seem to control the club the way you want to. We'll do a full analysis to identify what's blocking you and help you 'unlock' and reprogram your brain to allow for that perfect swing.
How Does It Work?
- A thorough physical assessment is performed, the same one we use on tour players. The physical assessment tells us what mobility or stability issues you have and how they may be affecting your golf swing. The body positions the golf club. If you have trouble moving your body properly you will compensate when swinging the club.
- Second is a video swing analysis. Most people learn best from seeing what it is they are doing wrong. We use V1 Golf applications to video tape the swing and analyze it for compensations in your golf swing.
- The third piece in our arsenal of resources is a K-Vest swing analysis. K-Vest allows us to capture where your body is during the critical checkpoints of the golf swing. We utilize the K Vest data to teach you the proper exercises necessary to become a better pain free golfer.
What Are The Benefits?
- Increased golf specific mobility
- Improved distance and accuracy
- Less pain
- Improved endurance and stamina late into rounds
BreakThrough Golf Packages
Initial Evaluation - $150
Virtual Session - $150
Follow-Up Session - $100
Par Package - $550 (includes initial evaluation plus 5 follow-up sessions)
Birdie Package - $950 (includes initial evaluation plus 10 follow-up sessions)
All Packages Include:
- Physical assessment using TPI and postural restoration protocols
- Video swing analysis
- K-Vest swing analysis
- Customized home exercise program with online subscription for TPI
Sign Up Today!
Ready to reclaim your life? BreakThrough is here to help.
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
Working with Pierce and the team at Breakthrough Sports Performance has been a major help to our at Athletes at Liberty Soccer Academy. Their knowledge and professionalism is top class.
BreakThrough Sports Performance has been a tremendous help in the development of the ACS U13 Girls Volleyball team. Just a few short weeks of training you can clearly see the positive impact it has had on their bodies and their approach to the importance of training!
Coach Pierce has been a great asset to our program. His understanding of building the athlete from a fundamental level is of huge benefit to our athletes. Every athlete feels like they are getting the most out of each training session to improve their individual events.
My experience at BreakThrough Sports Performance has been amazing. I’ve been seeing the guys at BreakThrough for 3 years now and feel so much stronger and more mobile swinging the golf club. BreakThrough Sports Performance is different. The trainers will educate you with things you wouldn’t hear anywhere else, like… the importance of your airway…
Training at BreakThrough Sports Performance helps me feel my best. Before I started with BreakThrough there were days where I physically felt that I couldn’t perform the way I needed to. Since training at BreakThrough I feel more prepared to tolerate a high volume of tournaments that I couldn’t do before. I injured my back…
I started working with Breakthrough Sports Performance to help with my back. I was unable to play two rounds in a row but after participating in the golf fitness class I can now play as often as I can without pain. The simple process of a physical assessment, swing assessment and KVest evaluation narrowed down…
I discovered Breakthrough Sports Performance due to an ankle injury. They were able to see within the first 24 hours which greatly improved my recovery time. They provided me with the right physical therapy and treatment needed to get me back on the court faster. Because of the knowledgeable coaches/trainers, and the excellent facilities, I…
Thank you so much! I love you guys and the care I received!
We rate BreakThrough Physical Therapy a 10; we are extremely happy! After having received excellent PT in the past, we had no doubt this was the only place we would trust with our son’s recovery. The warm, welcoming environment makes it a comfortable place to receive therapy. This puts him at ease allowing for the…
After just 4 visits…I feel like a brand new person. Before, I could barely walk for 15 minutes without my back screaming in pain. Now I’m zooming through therapy and going on walks at home.
Many causes of shoulder pain range from nerve damage to cartilage damage, muscle or tendon strain, or tears. Not only are the shoulders a complicated joint, but they can have a significant effect on the surrounding areas like your back, neck, or arm. To prevent a shoulder injury from worsening or causing damage in the…Read More
Many exercises and stretches can help with hip pain, but it is essential to know which ones to avoid and incorporate into your routine. Physical therapy can help guide you through exercises specific to your condition and lead to pain-free movement, whatever the cause. Many common exercises that can help with hip pain are straight…Read More
There are many benefits to exercise, including the potential for improved physical and mental wellbeing. However, there may also be some physical discomfort associated with these activities due to the stresses placed on the body. When experiencing discomfort, it is important to understand the difference between exercise-related muscular soreness and pain. Muscular soreness is a…Read More