Types of Treatment
Chris Poulin, ATC, CSCS, PRT, is our golf expert at BreakThrough Physical Therapy.
Since 1996, Chris has been shaping and supporting the futures of a variety of athletes and clients. Chris graduated from Johnson State College with a degree in Sports Medicine and Adult/Corporate fitness. Since his graduation, Chris has earned national certifications in a number of practices including Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Performance Enhancement, Postural Restoration, and Golf Fitness & Performance.
Who Is It For?
- Golfers looking to overcome pain or injury. The golf swing is very unique to each individual and if your body is not in the right position it can be inefficient or often times painful. People who take advantage of our program are often surprised at the simplicity of the exercises and the immediate relief of dysfunction that is causing pain and inconsistent results. We'll work to identify what's causing your pain and possibly refer you to a physical therapist who can help rehabilitate and prevent future injuries.
- Golfers who have tried "golf fitness" and not seen the results. Maybe you've had assessments done before, worked through exercise regimens to increase strength and mobility, but have yet to see an improvement in your golf game. We'll take things a step further to address neurological and respiratory patterns that may be affecting your swing.
- Golfers who are having a hard time getting their body to execute swing changes. Maybe you can visualize that perfect swing in your mind, and know exactly what you need to do, but can't seem to control the club the way you want to. We'll do a full analysis to identify what's blocking you and help you 'unlock' and reprogram your brain to allow for that perfect swing.
How Does It Work?
- A thorough physical assessment is performed, the same one we use on tour players. The physical assessment tells us what mobility or stability issues you have and how they may be affecting your golf swing. The body positions the golf club. If you have trouble moving your body properly you will compensate when swinging the club.
- Second is a video swing analysis. Most people learn best from seeing what it is they are doing wrong. We use V1 Golf applications to video tape the swing and analyze it for compensations in your golf swing.
- The third piece in our arsenal of resources is a K-Vest swing analysis. K-Vest allows us to capture where your body is during the critical checkpoints of the golf swing. We utilize the K Vest data to teach you the proper exercises necessary to become a better pain free golfer.
What Are The Benefits?
- Increased golf specific mobility
- Improved distance and accuracy
- Less pain
- Improved endurance and stamina late into rounds
BreakThrough Golf Packages
Initial Evaluation - $150
Virtual Session - $150
Follow-Up Session - $100
Par Package - $550 (includes initial evaluation plus 5 follow-up sessions)
Birdie Package - $950 (includes initial evaluation plus 10 follow-up sessions)
All Packages Include:
- Physical assessment using TPI and postural restoration protocols
- Video swing analysis
- K-Vest swing analysis
- Customized home exercise program with online subscription for TPI
Sign Up Today!
Ready to reclaim your life? BreakThrough is here to help.
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
Thank you so much! I love you guys and the care I received!
I recently had knee replacement surgery. I decided to do my physical therapy at BreakThrough Physical Therapy in Verona because it would be convenient. I am so glad I made that decision. Nash made me feel comfortable right away. He is very knowledgeable and has a calm, encouraging manner. I was thrilled with the success…
We rate BreakThrough Physical Therapy a 10; we are extremely happy! After having received excellent PT in the past, we had no doubt this was the only place we would trust with our son’s recovery. The warm, welcoming environment makes it a comfortable place to receive therapy. This puts him at ease allowing for the…
After just 4 visits…I feel like a brand new person. Before, I could barely walk for 15 minutes without my back screaming in pain. Now I’m zooming through therapy and going on walks at home.
Wonderful staff, very helpful, competent and professional. They listen to what I say and are working with me to meet my goal.
Amazing service. They have gone out of their way to call and follow up with me while doing my at-home exercises. Highly recommend.
My husband was skeptical of my choice to use physical therapy to treat my back pain instead of medications. After seeing my results from working with the BreakThrough Physical Therapy team, my husband is a believer now too.
I couldn’t have wished for a better place to go for my knee replacement therapy! They know what they are doing to get you back in the swing of things so you can go on with your life!